Terracea may modify this Policy at any time effective upon its posting. Your continued use of our products and services constitutes your acceptance to this Policy and any updates.
I. Personally Identifiable Information
We may automatically collect personal information (collectively “Personally Identifiable Information”). Personally Identifiable Information is captured when a User willingly discloses such information to us in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, registering on the Site, placing an order for our products or services, filling out a form, responding to a survey, subscribing to a newsletter, or in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we may make available on our Site.
Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to: (i) Contact Data (such as name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, social media accounts and profiles) and (ii) Demographic Data (such as your zip code and gender). This Personally Identifiable Information is necessary to generate the Services we offer on our Site.
Please Note: Although you may submit credit card or other payment information at the time you make a purchase, Terracea does not collect or store that information. All credit card transactions, including the capture and storage of credit card information, are handled by our third-party merchant processing vendor, Stripe and are subject to Stripe’s policies.
Users may visit our Site without providing Personally Identifiable Information. However, refusal to supply Personally Identifiable Information may prevent users from obtaining certain Services or accessing certain offerings on the Site.
II. Use of Personal Information
III. Information Made Public Through The User Of Our Services
Certain features on the Site give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include collaboration tools, community forums, blogs, chats, creating community profiles, rating and commenting on products, and commenting on articles. When you use these features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, user name, location, email address, and comments, may be publicly available to anyone, including other users, search engines, advertisers, third party application developers, and anyone else with access to the Site and our Services. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit and make public through these interactive and public features.
IV. Automatically Collected Information
We reserve the right to automatically track, monitor, and record traffic data on our Site. This information is general and non-personal, and individual users are not readily identifiable to us. Such information is used to improve the functions of our Site, improve user experience, and for targeted advertising. Such automatically collected information includes, but it is not limited to: the date, time, and length of Site access, device information, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and network information, your activities within the Site, language information, internet domain and host names, internet protocol (IP) addresses, and clickstream patterns.
V. How We Automatically Collect Information
• Cookies are small data text files that websites and apps use to recognize repeat users in order to facilitate users’ access to the website or app and to track usage behavior and compile usage information that allows for the improvement of content and targeted advertising. Most browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies from individual sites, but note that some features of the Site may not work properly with cookies blocked. You may also get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties, as is standard practice in the internet industry, however, we have no control over these cookies and we are not responsible for their use.
• Other Technologies may also be employed to record non-personal information. We may use “tracer tags”, which may also be referred to as “Clear GIFS”, “Pixels”, or “Web Beacons”. Tracer tags are embedded in the code of a web page and are used to monitor traffic patterns of users from one page within our Site to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, and to understand if users came to our site from an online advertisement from a third party site. We may link the information we record using cookies or tracking technology to information we have stored.
VI. Use of Automatically Collected Information
In general, we use the information we collect to improve and expand our services and to provide customer service and technical support. Automated Information enables the tailoring of advertisements and offers specifically for you. In addition to such tailoring, we use Automated Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our websites and marketing efforts. We may also use collected information for the following general purposes: to provide you with requested Services; to manage your account; to provide you with notifications and updates; to optimize third party offers or products and/or services; to monitor interest and improve our products; to respond to user questions and comments; to help customize your experience; to solicit information from you; to resolve disputes; and to enforce our Terms of Service.
VII. How We Share Automatically Collected Information
The following explains who we may share non-Personally Identifiable Information with:
• Third Party Vendors. Those who provide services on our behalf, including business analytics, marketing, customer service, and internet security, to collect information on our behalf as necessary to operate Site features or promote advertising specific to your interests;
• Advertisers. We may share Automatically Collected Information with advertisers who may collect the same type of data that we collect and for the same purposes. These third parties may be able to associate information they collect with information that they have about you from sources outside of our Site. These advertisers may employ cookies or other types of tracking technology that we do not have control over, but you may be able to opt-out of some of their practices by visiting internet-based advertising opt-out organizations like the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance;
• Legal Authorities. We may disclose your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, in response to government requests, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as required by applicable law;
• Illegal Activity. When we reasonably believe it is appropriate to take action regarding suspected illegal acts, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to defend and protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our Site, our users and in connection with our Terms of Service or other agreements, we may share your information to reasonably assist in the termination of such activities; and
• Business Transfers. We may also share your information in connection with a corporate transaction including, asset sale, merger, consolidation, divestiture, or bankruptcy. If this should happen, notice will be provided by posting to the website or other form of communication.
Other than what is set out above, we will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties unless we notify you first. You will have an opportunity to choose to opt-out of such information disclosures.
VIII. Opting Out
You may choose not to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information or you may turn off cookies in your web browser by changing your browser settings. If you make these decisions, you may visit the Site and browse the generally available content, but we cannot process orders without this information.
If you do not wish to receive information and/or promotional materials from Terracea, the Site, or from our partners, you may choose to 'opt-out' by unsubscribing from our mailing list on any one of the promotions or other materials we send.
IX. How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect your information and online transaction. All financial transactions are processed through Stripe, a third party merchant processing company that upholds the highest standards for identity protection and data security in the industry. Stripe secures all payment information and personally identifiable information using secure servers when you place orders. All credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted within Stripe’s servers. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1 and forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL).
Sensitive data, such as Financial Data and Personally Identifiable Information you exchange with the Site occurs over SSL secured communication channels and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create an environment as secure as possible for our Users.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside the jurisdiction in which you reside. Please be aware that the privacy laws where your information is transferred may offer more or less protection than the laws where you live. By voluntarily submitting information to us, you consent to have your information transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States, irrespective of what geographic region you are located in.
X. Modifying Or Deleting Your Information
If you would like to request changes to any of the Personally Identifiable Information that you have previously provided to us, please contact us by mail or email, using the contact information below. Your information previously posted may still be publicly viewable. Terracea may keep information and content in our backup files and archives.
XI. Children's Policy
We do not intend for the Site to be used by individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from these individuals. If you are under the age of 18 you may use our Site only if you are an emancipated minor or possess legal parental or guardian consent and are fully able and competent to enter into the Terms of Service and this Policy. If you are a parent or a legal guardian and think we have information about your child who is under the age of 18, please let us know by contacting us as directed in this Policy.
XII. Third Party Links
Our Site and our Internet Marketing Channels may link you to other sites not controlled or operated by us. Such outside websites do not operate under this Policy. We encourage you to examine the privacy statements posted on those sites in order to inform yourself of their various procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third parties' sites. Our Site may also be linked to sites operated by third parties, and may carry advertisements or offer content, special offers, functionality, or applications developed and maintained by third parties.
XIII. Governing Law And Arbitration Provision
By using our Site, you accept that any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service. This Policy and the privacy practices of Terracea are subject exclusively to the laws of Massachusetts, without regard to any conflict of law principles. We make no representation that this Policy and such practices comply with the laws of any country outside the United States.
If you have any concern about privacy issues, please contact as directed in this Policy. If, however, your issue, arising out of or relating to this Policy, has not been addressed within 30 days of our receipt of notification, you may seek resolution by binding arbitration, and ONLY THROUGH ARBITRATION. BY AGREEING TO THIS POLICY YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION. The arbitration shall be administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service (“JAMS”), pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those rules) and shall be governed by the laws of Massachusetts. The Tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator. The place of arbitration will be in Boston, Massachusetts. Any award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
XIV. Updates and Modifications To This Policy
We reserve the right to occasionally update this Policy in the future. At such time, we will also revise the “last updated” date found at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy. You acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to review this Policy periodically for modifications.
XV. How To Contact Us
Should you have questions, comments or disputes regarding this Policy, please contact us by mail or email at the following:
MAIL: TERRACEA, LLC
19 Main Street, Box #901
Seabrook, NH 03874, USA